Definition for "io"
Sentence for "io"
Cross Reference for "io"
Same Context for "io"
Urban Dictionary for "io"
- Acronym (Slang) for "I'm Out" whenever…
- a kind of moth, the io moth.
- In mythology, a daughter of Inachus, metamorphosed into a heifer and caused become tormented by a terrible gadfly by Hera, in jealous payback for favors of Zeus. See Argus, 1.
- The innermost associated with four satellites of Jupiter.
- In entomology: A genus of vanessoid butterflies.
- [lowercase] The peacock butterfly, Vanessa io: utilized both while the technical certain title and also as an English word.
- [lowercase] A showy and stunning moth of the united states, Hyperchiria io, or Saturnia io, of yellowish coloration, with prominent pink and bluish eyes regarding hinder wings.
- An abbreviation of Iowa.
- the closest of Jupiter's moons; has active volcanoes
- (Greek mythology) a maiden seduced by Zeus; when Hera had been planning to learn all of them together Zeus turned the lady into a white heifer
- An exclamation of happiness or triumph.
- A Latin interjection, or exclamation of pleasure or triumph: often made use of as a noun in English.