- To utter or emit an extended, mournful, plaintive noise.
- To cry or wail loudly, like in discomfort, sorrow, or fury.
- Slang To laugh heartily.
- Slang To go on a spree.
- To utter a loud, protracted, mournful noise or cry, as dogs and wolves often do.
- To utter a sound expressive of stress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- To make a noise resembling the weep of a wild creature.
- to state or utter with a howl. See Synonyms at shout.
- A loud derisive call: the howls of an angry mob.
- Slang One thing uproariously funny or ridiculous.
- The protracted, mournful weep of a dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- A prolonged weep of distress or anguish; a wail.
- The protracted, mournful cry of your pet dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- an extended cry of stress or anguish; a wail.
- The cry of a dog or wolf, or any noise resembling that weep.
- A cry of anguish or distress; a loud wail.
- the long plaintive cry of a hound or a wolf
- a lengthy loud mental utterance
- a loud sustained noise resembling the weep of a hound
- howl down To drown on or silence by loud derisive calls: The applicant was howled down on town-meeting.
- To utter a loud, protracted, mournful sound or cry, as puppies and wolves frequently do.
- To utter a sound expressive of discomfort or stress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- to produce a noise resembling the weep of a wild beast.
- To utter with outcry.
- weep loudly, by animals
- make a loud noise, as of wind, liquid, or automobiles
- laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
- give off long noisy cries
- To utter a loud, prolonged, and mournful cry, as that of a dog or wolf.
- to offer away a loud wailing sound, since the wind: as, the violent storm howls.
- To wail; lament; make a loud mournful outcry.
- To utter in a loud wailing tone.
- Of an organ-pipe, same as cipher, v., 4.
- Definition for "howl"
- To utter or emit an extended, mournful, plaintive…
- View More
- Sentence for "howl"
- Quotes for "howl"
- "If the people raise a great…"
- View More
- Synonym for "howl"
- Verb Forms for "howl"
- Phrases for "howl"
- Rhyme for "howl"
- Hypernym for "howl"
- Cross Reference for "howl"
- Same Context for "howl"
- Urban Dictionary for "howl"
- 1. something really amusing2. a complaint
- View More