Definition for "pith"
- Botany The smooth, spongelike, central cylinder associated with…
Sentence for "pith"
Synonym for "pith"
Verb Forms for "pith"
Rhyme for "pith"
Hypernym for "pith"
Cross Reference for "pith"
Etymologically Related for "pith"
Same Context for "pith"
Agriculture Dictionary for "pith"
- the tiny, soft core happening close…
Urban Dictionary for "pith"
- Botany The smooth, spongelike, central cylinder associated with the stems of most flowering flowers, composed primarily of parenchyma.
- Zoology The smooth inner material of a feather or locks.
- the primary or main part; the center or essence. See Synonyms at compound.
- Strength; vitality; mettle.
- relevance; relevance.
- Archaic back or bone tissue marrow.
- The soft spongy substance in the center of the stems of many plants and trees.
- the fundamental or essential part.
- The smooth spongy compound during the stems of numerous plants and woods, specially those of the dicotyledonous or exogenous courses. It is comprised of mobile structure.
- The spongy interior material of a feather.
- The spinal cord; the marrow.
- ergo: The which contains the strength of life; the essential or essential component; concentrated power; vigor; energy; relevance.
- In botany, the medulla, or central cylinder, made up of typical parenchymatous tissue, which consumes the middle of the stems of dicotyledonous flowers.
- In. physiology: The spinal cord or marrow; the medulla spinalis.
- The main or medullary core of a hair.
- power; vigor; power.
- Energy; concentrated power; closeness and vitality of thought and style.
- Condensed compound or matter; quintessence.
- body weight; moment; importance.
- The soft inside percentage of the shaft of a feather.
- the choicest or most crucial or most vital element of some concept or experience
- smooth spongelike main cylinder associated with the stems on most flowering plants
- to eliminate the pith from (a plant stem).
- To sever or destroy the spinal cord of, typically by placing a needle into the vertebral canal.
- To eliminate (cattle) by cutting the spinal-cord.
- To destroy the central nervous system of (an animal, as a frog), as by-passing a stout line or needle along the vertebral canal.
- To draw out the pith from (a plant stem or tree).
- To eliminate (especially cattle or laboratory animals) by cutting or piercing the spinal-cord.
- get rid of the pith from (a plant)
- To introduce a guitar into the cranial or spinal hole of (an animal, as a frog), and destroy the cerebrospinal axis or part of it.