- an effort that becomes invalid considering fundamental prejudicial mistake in process.
- An inconclusive trial, as you where the jurors neglect to acknowledge a verdict.
- an effort which invalid considering a mistake in procedure
- A false or erroneous trial; an effort with no outcome; an effort which involves no summary, such as a criminal test which cannot produce a unanimous decision of jurors.
- In law: an endeavor the consequence of which can be vitiated by errors, as by disqualification in a juror or in the judge.
- even more loosely, an inconclusive trial; an endeavor that does not issue in a choice, as where in fact the jury cannot consent.
- a trial this is certainly invalid or inconclusive
Sentence for "mistrial"
Phrases for "mistrial"
Rhyme for "mistrial"
Hypernym for "mistrial"
Same Context for "mistrial"