- An upright post with a transverse piece nearby the top, by which condemned individuals were executed in ancient times.
- The upright post with a transverse piece where Jesus was crucified.
- A crucifix.
- Any of numerous customizations associated with mix design, such as for instance a Latin mix or Maltese cross.
- A medal, emblem, or insignia in the shape of a cross.
- The Christian faith; Christianity.
- In Christianity, an indication created by tracing the overview of a cross with the right-hand upon the forehead and chest as a devotional work.
- an endeavor, problem, or disappointment. See Synonyms at burden1.
- A mark or pattern created by the intersection of two outlines, specifically these types of a mark (X) used as a signature.
- A movement from location to another, since on a stage; a crossing.
- A pipe fitting with four branches in upright and transverse type, utilized as a junction for intersecting pipes.
- Biology A plant or animal from crossbreeding; a hybrid.
- Biology the entire process of crossbreeding; hybridization.
- One that combines the attributes of two other items: a novel that is a cross between love and satire.
- Sports A hook thrown over an opponent's punch in boxing.
- legislation An act or instance of cross-examining; a cross-examination.
- The Southern Cross.
- Slang A contest whoever outcome was dishonestly prearranged.
- A geometrical figure comprising two straight outlines or taverns intersecting one another such that at least one of those is bisected because of the various other.
- Any geometric figure having this or an equivalent shape, such as for example a cross of Lorraine or a Maltese mix.
- A wooden post with a perpendicular beam attached and utilized (especially into the Roman kingdom) to perform crooks (by crucifixion).
- The cross upon which Christ had been crucified.
- A hand motion created by Catholics in replica for the model of the Cross.
- A modified representation of crucifixion stake, worn as jewelry or shown as symbolic of religious devotion.
- a challenging scenario that needs to be endured.
- The act of going across; the work of driving from 1 side to the other
- Animal or plant created by crossbreeding or cross-fertilization.
- A hook thrown within the adversary's punch.
- A pass where baseball journeys from by one touchline over the pitch.
- someplace in which roads intersect and lead off in four directions; a crossroad (common in UK and Irish place names such as for instance Gerrards Cross).
- A monument that marks these types of a spot. (In addition typical in UNITED KINGDOM or Irish place names particularly Charing Cross)
- Four side cubies of 1 part which can be within their correct locations, creating the form of a cross.
- A gibbet, composed of two items of wood put transversely upon the other person, in several forms, as a T, or +, aided by the horizontal piece below the top end associated with the upright, or as an X. It had been anciently utilized in the execution of criminals.
- The sign or level of this cross, made with the hand, or perhaps in ink, etc., or actually represented in certain product; the sign of Christ's death; the ensign and plumped for symbol of Christianity, of a Christian men and women, as well as Christendom.
- Affiction seen as a test of patience or virtue; test; disappointment; opposition; misfortune.
- some money stamped with the figure of a cross, in addition, that side of these an item upon which the mix is stamped; thus, money in basic.
- An appendage or decoration or something by means of a cross; a badge or decorative product for the general shape of a cross; ergo, these types of an ornament, even when differing quite a bit from that form; thus, the Cross associated with the British purchase of St. George and St. Michael is comprised of a central medallion with seven arms radiating from it.
- A monument in the form of a cross, or surmounted by a cross, set up in a public location.
- a typical heraldic bearing, which there are lots of types. Look at Illustration, above.
- The crosslike mark or sign utilized in place of a signature by those struggling to compose.
- Church places.
- A line attracted across or through another range.
- A mixing of types or stock, particularly in cattle reproduction; or perhaps the item of these intermixture; a hybrid of any sort.
- An instrument for laying of offsets perpendicular into the main course.
- A pipe-fitting with four limbs the axes of which generally form's right angle.
- the employees of a bishop; a crozier.
- In geometry, the idea based on two right lines: the intersection of two right lines.
- a representation associated with construction where Jesus had been crucified; made use of as an emblem of Christianity or perhaps in heraldry
- a wooden construction consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- (genetics) the work of combining various types or types of pets or plants and so to produce hybrids
- a marking that comes with lines that mix both
- any ailment that creates great putting up with
- (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar moms and dads or stock; especially offspring generated by reproduction plants or animals of various varieties or types or species
- going or expand all-around; pass from part of to the other: crossed the room to welcome united states; a bridge that crosses the bay.
- to hold or perform across some thing: crossed the horses within ford.
- To extend or pass through or over; intersect: Elm Street crosses Oak Street.
- To delete or eradicate by or like by drawing a line through: crossed jobs off the woman number as she did all of them.
- To make or put a line across: Cross your t's.
- To place crosswise one across various other: mix a person's legs.
- To make the sign of the cross upon or over as a sign of devotion.
- to come across in moving: His path crossed mine.
- to mix the attributes of a few things: a film that crosses horror with laughter.
- Informal To interfere with; thwart or obstruct: never get across me personally.
- To betray or deceive; double-cross. Often used with up.
- Biology To crossbreed or cross-fertilize (plants or creatures).
- to place around or athwart; to cause to intersect.
- To set or draw some thing, as a line, across.
- to pass through in one side to another of; to pass through or go more than; to traverse.
- to pass through, as things going in an opposite path in addition.
- to operate counter to; to thwart; to obstruct; to hinder; to clash or hinder.
- To interfere and stop; to debar.
- to help make the indication of the mix upon; -- accompanied by the reflexive pronoun.
- To cancel by marking crosses on or over, or attracting a line across; to remove; -- generally devoid of, down, or higher.
- To cause to interbreed; -- stated of various stocks or events; to combine the strain of.
- To lay or pass across each other; intersect.
- to maneuver or extend from a single part to some other: crossed through Canada on the way to Alaska.
- to create a crossing: entered into Germany from Switzerland.
- to generally meet in passing; enter into conjunction: Their particular routes crossed in the health and fitness center.
- to maneuver or be communicated in opposite directions in addition: Our letters need entered in post.
- Biology To crossbreed or cross-fertilize.
- To lay or perhaps athwart.
- to maneuver or pass from one part to the other, or from destination to location; to create a transit.
- becoming contradictory.
- To interbreed, as races; to combine distinct breeds.
- Lying or passing crosswise; intersecting: a cross road.
- Contrary or countertop; opposing.
- Showing ill humor; frustrated.
- regarding interchange; reciprocal.
- Crossbred; hybrid.
- Transverse; lying across the main way.
- contrary, in opposition to.
- Opposing, adverse; becoming unlike just what you might hope or want.
- Bad-tempered, mad, irritated.
- maybe not parallel; lying or dropping athwart; transverse; oblique; intersecting.
- maybe not accordant in what is wished or expected; interrupting; adverse; contrary; thwarting; perverse.
- described as, or in a situation of, peevishness, fretfulness, or ill humor.
- built in an opposite direction, or an inverse connection; mutually inverse; interchanged.
- stretching or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at correct angles to your lengthy axis
- annoyed and irritable
- cross product of the past vector and after vector.
- Athwart; across.
- cross over to improve from one problem or commitment to some other.
- cross Genetics to switch hereditary product. Applied of homologous chromosomes.
- cross up To ruin completely: Their lack of cooperation crossed up the whole project.
- cross (one's) head To come to understand; comprehend: It crossed my head you could possibly need keep early.
- mix (a person's) palm to cover, tip, or bribe.
- mix swords To quarrel or fight.
- To mark with an X.
- going from 1 side of (some thing) to another.
- To travel in a direction or course that intersect with that of some other.
- To oppose (another) or frustrate the programs of.
- to help make the sign of the cross-over yourself.
- Of both batsmen, to pass through one another whenever working between the wickets to be able to score works.
- to cross-fertilize or crossbreed.
- to conduct a cross assessment; to concern a hostile experience
- To pass the basketball from a single region of the pitch to the other part.
- To score a go.
- type animals or plants utilizing parents various events and types
- meet and pass
- travel across or pass over
- impede or prevent (the efforts, programs, or desires) of
- meet at a place
- fold so as to resemble a cross
- trace a line through or across
- to cover or extend over a place or time frame
- Transverse; passing back and forth; dropping athwart: because, a cross beam (cross-beam).
- moving or referring from 1 of two things, components, groups, etc., to another; setting up a primary link of some kind between two things: as, a cross slice (cross-cut), or a brief path between two places; a cross guide.
- Adverse; compared; thwarting; obstructing; untoward: sometimes with to: as, a conference mix to your inclinations.
- Peevish; fretful; ill-humored; petulant; perverse: placed on persons.
- Proceeding from a peevish or bad temperament; expressing ill humor: as, a cross appearance; cross words.
- In contrast; contradictory; perplexing.
- Proceeding from an adverse celebration through reciprocal contest: because, a cross interrogatory. See below.
- from cross-breeding, as an animal or a plant.
- Synonyms Peevish, Fretful, etc. (identify petulant), snappish, touchy, ill-natured, morose, sullen, sulky, bad.
- Transversely; contrariwise; adversely; in opposition.
- To draw or operate a line athwart or across (a figure or area); lay or pass a thing across (another); assembled transversely: because, to mix the page t; the 2 roadways cross each other.
- To remove by marking more than one lines or crosses on or over; cancel; frequently followed by off or out: as, to get across or cross down a free account; to cross-out a wrong word.
- to really make the sign of the cross upon, as with commitment.
- To pass back and forth of; pass or move over transversely: as, to get across a road; to cross a river or even the sea.
- resulting in going or pass over; transportation across a body of water.
- To thwart; obstruct; hinder; oppose; contradict; counteract; clash with: as, to be crossed in love.
- To debar or preclude.
- To cause to interbreed; mix the type or strain of, as creatures or flowers.
- Nautical, to hoist from the deck and place in place regarding mast, as some of the less heavy yards of a square-rigged vessel.
- To meet and pass.
- To lay or be athwart or across: said of two or more things within their regards to each other: because, the outlines cross; the roads cross.
- to go or pass laterally or from side toward one other, or transversely from spot to spot.
- To be inconsistent.
- To interbreed, as cattle; mix breeds.
- to occur (upon); come (upon).
- Athwart; over; back and forth of, to be able to intersect: since, to ride cross country.
- Dishonest; not honestly come by; instead of the square: as, a cross horse.
- In logic, having an extensive component in accordance, without including or becoming included.
- In euchre, when the trump is refused, to make it the exact opposite shade.
Sentence for "cross"
- However, I love seeing the simple…
- View More
Quotes for "cross"
- "Here is the amazing thing about…"
- View More
Synonym for "cross"
- View More
Verb Forms for "cross"
- View More
Phrases for "cross"
- cross paths
- View More
Rhyme for "cross"
- View More
Hypernym for "cross"
- View More
Cross Reference for "cross"
- View More
Equivalent for "cross"
- View More
Etymologically Related for "cross"
- View More
Same Context for "cross"
- View More
Urban Dictionary for "cross"
- In mention of the the letter…
- View More