Definition for "ace"
- A single place or pip on a playing…
Sentence for "ace"
Quotes for "ace"
Synonym for "ace"
Verb Forms for "ace"
Phrases for "ace"
Rhyme for "ace"
Hypernym for "ace"
Equivalent for "ace"
Sports Dictionary for "ace"
- an absolute solution shot on which…
- A single place or pip on a playing card, perish, or domino.
- A playing card, pass away, or domino having one spot or pip.
- In racket games:
- A serve any particular one's opponent fails to strike.
- a spot scored by these types of a serve.
- The act of hitting a golf baseball within the hole with a person's very first shot.
- A military plane pilot who's got damaged five or even more opponent aircraft.
- a specialist in certain industry.
- A single point or spot on a playing card or perish.
- A card or die face so marked.
- a rather tiny quantity or level; a particle; an atom; a jot.
- A serve won without having the adversary striking the ball.
- the greatest pitcher regarding the team.
- A run.
- A hole within one.
- a specialist at one thing.
- A military aircraft pilot who's credited with shooting down five or maybe more opponent aircraft.
- a great rating on a school exam.
- A unit; one point or just right a card or die; the card or die therefore marked.
- ergo: a tremendously tiny volume or degree; a particle; an atom; a jot.
- just one point obtained by a stroke, as with handball, rackets, etc.; in playing tennis, usually, a point won by a service stroke.
- A unit; specifically, one pip on a card or die, or a card or perish marked with a single pip.
- A very small volume; a particle; an atom; a trifle: as, the creditor will likely not abate an ace of their need.
- A noun-suffix occurring in populace, pinnace, etc. (which see). It's not made use of as an English formative. In menace, grimace, alongside words, the suffix is of various beginning.
- the tiniest whole quantity or a numeral representing this number
- one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face
- a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards a location extending from Norway to chicken
- a serve the receiver is unable to achieve
- proteolytic chemical that converts angiotensin I into angiotensin II
- an individual who is dazzlingly competent in virtually any industry
- for the best quality.
- for the highest quality
- To serve an ace against in racket games.
- going to an ace on (a hole) in tennis.
- Slang to obtain the better of (some body): a candidate just who aced their opponents into the primaries.
- Slang To receive a grade of A on: She aced the exam.
- Slang To perform with difference on: aced the meeting.
- within the hole a concealed benefit or resource held in reserve until required.
- within an ace of in the brink of; really near to: arrived within an ace of losing the election.
- to pass through (a test, interviews etc.) completely.
- To win a point by an ace.
- to create an ace (gap in one).
- to get a grade of "A".
- succeed at effortlessly
- score an ace against
- play (a hole) in a single swing
- offer an ace against (someone)