- number of related chemical substances: monosaccharide.
- Binary substance: sodium chloride, hydrogen cyanide.
- Chemical factor with properties much like another: lanthanide.
- any one of a small grouping of relevant substances - azide, polysaccharide, glycoside
- a binary compound of a nonmetal - bromide, arsenide
- some of a small grouping of a number of elements - lanthanide
- A suffix always denote: (a) The nonmetallic, or bad, factor or radical in a binary chemical. (b) A compound which can be an anhydride. (c) anybody of a number of derivatives