vitalism in AZ Dictionary
- (n) the idea or doctrine that life processes occur from or contain a nonmaterial essential concept and cannot be explained totally as actual and chemical phenomena.
- (n) the doctrine that life involves some immaterial "vital force", and should not be explained scientifically
- (n) The doctrine that most the functions of an income system are due to an unknown important concept distinct from all chemical and actual causes.
- Sentence for "vitalism"
- If anti-vitalism is true, life does…
- View More
- Hypernym for "vitalism"
- philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory
- Same Context for "vitalism"
- essentialism, groundsel, dandruff, transcendence, Low Mass