velum in AZ Dictionary
- (n) Biology A covering or partition of slim membranous structure, for instance the veil of a mushroom or a membrane of the brain.
- (n) Anatomy The soft palate.
- (n) Zoology A ciliated swimming organ that develops in certain larval phases of many marine gastropod mollusks.
- Sentence for "velum"
- A formation of cilia surrounding the…
- View More
- Hypernym for "velum"
- Cross Reference for "velum"
- velum penis, superior, velum terminate, velum pendulum, posterior medullary velum
- Etymologically Related for "velum"
- Same Context for "velum"
- irritam, interiora, clay-slate, zeolite, laminae
- Variant for "velum"
- Vela, palate, veil, protozoa