tailcoat in AZ Dictionary
- (n) a person's black-coat worn for formal daytime events and achieving an extended curved and split tail. Also referred to as swallowtail, swallow-tailed layer.
- (n) an official evening coat with a protracted back panel; a dress coating.
- (n) Any coating with comparable tails.
- Sentence for "tailcoat"
- Hypernym for "tailcoat"
- formalwear, evening clothes, eveningwear, evening dress
- Form for "tailcoat"
- hanging on his / her coat tails, tails
- Same Context for "tailcoat"
- oldie, jabot, weepers, breastknot, tarboosh