taffeta in AZ Dictionary
- (n) A crisp, smooth, plain-woven material with hook sheen, made of numerous fibers, such as silk, rayon, or plastic, and utilized specifically for ladies' garments.
- (n) A crisp, smooth-woven material created from silk or synthetic materials.
- (n) an excellent, smooth material of silk, having often the wavy luster labeled as watering. The term has also been put on different types of silk items, from sixteenth century to modern times.
- (a) made from or resembling this material.
- Sentence for "taffeta"
- Phrases for "taffeta"
- taffeta housecoat, blue taffeta
- Hypernym for "taffeta"
- cloth, fabric, material, textile
- Equivalent for "taffeta"
- Form for "taffeta"
- Same Context for "taffeta"
- serge, damask, tulle, chiffon, muslin