achromatic in AZ Dictionary
- (a) Designating color perceived to have zero saturation therefore no hue, eg natural grays, white, or black colored.
- (a) Refracting light without spectral shade separation.
- (a) Biology tough to stain with standard dyes. Utilized in mention of the cells or areas.
- Destitute of shade; without color; transferring light without decomposing it into its constituent colors: because, an achromatic lens or telescope.
- In biology: Colorless; hyaline.
- Sentence for "achromatic"
- Synonym for "achromatic"
- Cross Reference for "achromatic"
- achromatic lens, achromatic spindle, microscope, achromatic mass, achromatic * mirror * objective
- Equivalent for "achromatic"
- iron-gray, pearl gray, reddish-gray, inky-black, stone-grey
- Etymologically Related for "achromatic"
- achromaticity, chromatic, achromatic prism, achromatism, achromatic lens
- Same Context for "achromatic"
- 26-inch, all-sky, non-cpu, enharmonic, 18-inch