Filament in AZ Dictionary
- (n) a superb or thinly spun bond, fibre, or wire.
- (n) Botany The stalk that bears the anther in a stamen.
- (n) Botany A chainlike group of cells, as in numerous algae.
Filament in Astronomy Dictionary
- a-strand of cool gasoline suspended throughout the photosphere by magnetized areas, which seems dark as seen resistant to the disk for the sunlight. by Thea WinbushReport definition
Filament in Community Dictionary
- A fine cable. by CassieReport definition
- Sentence for "Filament"
- Synonym for "Filament"
- fiber, thread, film, strand, cirrus
- Phrases for "Filament"
- Hypernym for "Filament"
- conducting wire, wire, stalk, stem
- Cross Reference for "Filament"
- urticating filament, spermatic filament, filament of needham, gastric filaments, linin filament
- Same Context for "Filament"
- strand, fibers, tentacle, cord, gauze