Diastase in AZ Dictionary
- (n) An amylase or a mixture of amylases that is present in milk hence converts starch to dextrin and maltose.
- (n) Any one of a small grouping of enzymes which catalyses the breakdown of starch into maltose; mostly amylase
- (n) A soluble enzyme, effective at converting starch and dextrin into sugar.
Diastase in Apiculture Dictionary
- A starch digesting enzyme in honey negatively suffering from temperature; used in some countries to evaluate quality and warming history of kept honey. by Brooks BengeReport definition
- Sentence for "Diastase"
- These substances are mostly insoluble, but…
- View More
- Cross Reference for "Diastase"