Quotes for "active":
"Observation is a passive science, experimentation an active science."
"All the sudden high-impact stress can really take a toll on your body. So if you still want to be active and get in a good workout, go to a yoga class or pilates class, or get in some strength and conditioning."
"Knowledge is not a passion from without the mind, but an active exertion of the inward strength, vigor and power of the mind, displaying itself from within."
"Absolutely the worst thing about this job is the travel and being away from family. I have a wife and three wonderful children, the kids are all active in sports and it's very difficult to up and leave and miss them growing up."
"I'm not very active politically. The causes I work on offer immediate, practical, accessible help, and politics has never meant that to me."
"I was one of the first authors to have an active website. I'm totally obsessed with technology. I'm always looking for ways to connect with my readers. I answer all my fan mail."
"As a kid I was short and only weighed 95 pounds. And though I was active in a lot of Sports and got along with most of the guys, I think I used comedy as a defense mechanism. You know making someone laugh is a much better way to solve a problem than by using your fists."
"I'm an actress and mom, and I probably don't have enough of an active spiritual life. And I don't know why people run around calling themselves by the names of religions when they don't actually practise them."
"The printed page conveys information and commitment, and requires active involvement. Television conveys emotion and experience, and it's very limited in what it can do logically. It's an existential experience - there and then gone."
"I have a huge, active imagination, and I think I'm really scared of being alone because if I'm left to my own devices, I'll just turn into a madwoman."
- Sentence for "active"
- The Conjugation of an active verb,…
- View More
- Quotes for "active"
- "Observation is a passive science, experimentation…"
- View More
- Synonym for "active"
- sprightly, lively, brisk, alert, quick
- Phrases for "active"
- active volcanoes, sexually active, pharmacologically active, active ingredient, active anti-Roe
- Rhyme for "active"
- attractive, hyperactive, inactive, interactive, overactive
- Hypernym for "active"
- person, mortal, individual, someone, soul
- Cross Reference for "active"
- alert, ambitious, active apperception, active verb, active symptoms
- Equivalent for "active"
- proactive, activistic, activist, hands-on, existent
- Same Context for "active"
- new, intelligent, powerful, passive, active-transitive
- Variant for "active"