Quotes for "act":
"Success comes when people act together failure tends to happen alone."
"Most of us harbour a significant amount of subconscious fear about death, and act out of this fear in our daily lives."
"I think we have to act like stars because it is expected of us. So we drive our big cars and live in our smart houses."
"Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk we must act big."
"Thou wilt find rest from vain fancies if thou doest every act in life as though it were thy last."
"Circumstances cause us to act the way we do. We should always bear this in mind before judging the actions of others. I realized this from the start during World War II."
"I think basically becoming famous has taken the place of going to Heaven in modern society, hasn't it? That's the place where your dreams will come true. It's an act of faith now they think that's going to sort things out."
"I'm not the same person I was. I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that."
"No country can act wisely simultaneously in every part of the globe at every moment of time."
"Poetry is a political act because it involves telling the truth."
- Sentence for "act"
- 'Abortion is a racist, genocidal act'…
- View More
- Quotes for "act"
- "Success comes when people act together…"
- View More
- Synonym for "act"
- action, performance, deed, perform, execute
- Verb Forms for "act"
- acted, acting, acts
- Phrases for "act"
- random act, warm-up act, act responsibly, act together, terrorist act
- Rhyme for "act"
- abstract, attacked, attract, backed, blacked
- Hyponym for "act"
- drive around, play, walk around, bend over backwards, relax
- Hypernym for "act"
- succeed, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods, win, come through
- Cross Reference for "act"
- pretend, action, behave, dissemble, in the act
- Equivalent for "act"
- to act for
- Same Context for "act"
- action, law, form, measure, result