- the joists which rest one end regarding wall and the other on a girder.
- The space between a wall together with closest girder of a floor.
- The section of a canal lock underneath the lower gates.
- one of several joists which remainder one end from the wall surface and the various other on a girder; also, the area between a wall together with nearest girder of a floor. Cf. case-bay.
- The part of a canal lock underneath the reduced gates.
- In a canal-lock, the room between the tail-gates plus the reduced pond.
- In a framed flooring, one of the rooms between a girder in addition to wall surface.
- Definition for "tail-bay"
- the joists which rest one end regarding wall…
- View More
- Variant for "tail-bay"