- multiple chert containing magnetite and hematite, mined as an iron ore.
- a low-grade flint-like iron ore containing 20-30percent metal
- In petrography, a name proposed by H. V. Winchell (1896) for cherty or jaspery rock, in places calcareous or quartzitic, associated with the hematites of this Masaba number, Minnesota.
- a variety of chert containing magnetite and hematite; mined as a low-grade iron-ore
- Definition for "taconite"
- multiple chert containing magnetite and hematite, mined as…
- View More
- Sentence for "taconite"
- Hypernym for "taconite"