- Of, characterized by, or creating a hissing appear to be compared to (s) or (sh): the sibilant consonants; a sibilant bird telephone call.
- described as a hissing sound such as the "s" or "sh" in sash or rise.
- Making a hissing noise; uttered with a hissing sound; hissing.
- of message noises created by forcing atmosphere through a constricted passageway (as `f', `s', `z', or `th' in both `thin' and `then')
- A sibilant message sound, eg English (s), (sh), (z), or (zh).
- A hissing noise including the 's' or 'sh' in 'sash' or 'surge'.
- An alphabetic sound this is certainly uttered with hissing, as s and z, and sh and zh (in azure, etc.), in addition ch (tsh) and j (dzh).
- a consonant characterized by a hissing sound (like s or sh)
- Hissing; making or having a hissing noise: as, s and z tend to be sibilant letters.
- Definition for "sibilant"
- Of, characterized by, or creating a hissing appear…
- View More
- Sentence for "sibilant"
- He spoke in sibilant English mocking…
- View More
- Synonym for "sibilant"
- Hypernym for "sibilant"
- Cross Reference for "sibilant"
- Equivalent for "sibilant"
- Etymologically Related for "sibilant"
- Form for "sibilant"
- Same Context for "sibilant"
- Urban Dictionary for "sibilant"