- A scholar at Merton university, Oxford, England, who has got a particular academical allowance or part.
- among the incumbents of a benefice that several rectors or vicars.
- A scholar at Merton university, Oxford, who's a specific academical allowance or section; -- corrupted into postmaster.
- the incumbents of a benefice that has a couple of rectors or vicars.
- Eccles., just like portioner, 3.
- In Merton university, Oxford, identical to postmaster, 3.
Sentence for "portionist"
- He was also chancellor, prebend, and…