- A carriage entrance leading through a building or wall into an inner courtyard.
- A roofed framework covering a driveway at entry of a building to produce refuge while entering or leaving an automobile.
- A large entrance allowing automobiles to-drive into or through a building. It is common to have the entrance door open upon the passage of the porte-cochère. In addition, a porch over a driveway before an entrance door.
- A carriage-entrance in a building; a gate and passageway for carriages leading through a building, as a town-house or hotel, from the street to an inside courtroom.
- a carriage entrance moving through a building to an enclosed courtyard
- canopy expanding out of a building entry to shelter those getting back in and away from cars
Hypernym for "porte-cochère"
- View More