- A smooth uninterrupted glide in driving from a single tone to another, especially using the vocals or a bowed stringed instrument.
- A smooth, gliding transition from a single note to some other; utilized specially with stringed instruments, and sometimes on metal.
- In performing, or in using the bow, a gradual carrying or lifting of this sound or noise really smoothly from one note to another; a gliding from tone to tone.
- In music for the voice or a guitar of the viol household, a gradual modification or gliding in one pitch or tone to some other without break or perceptible step.
Sentence for "portamento"
- Glide The effect of this slider…
- View More