- some of numerous tropical marine fishes of the family members Diodontidae, having strong razor-sharp spines on the body and effective at inflating themselves whenever assaulted.
- any plectognath seafood getting the body covered with spines which come to be erect if the human body is inflated. See Diodon, and Globefish.
- A diodontoid seafood, as Diodon hystrix, whoever epidermis is studded with prickles; a sea-porcupine. The various types inhabit tropical seas. See Diodontidæ, and slices under Diodon and swell-fish.
- spines become erect as soon as the human body is inflated; worldwide in warm oceans
- spines come to be erect if the body is inflated; globally in hot oceans
Hypernym for "porcupine fish"
- spiny puffer
- View More