- A stylistic plan in which terms from same root are employed together, or a word is repeated in an alternative inflection or instance.
- A figure wherein a word is duplicated in various types, instances, figures, genders, etc., like in Tennyson's range, -- “My own heart's heart, and ownest own, farewell.”
- In rhetoric, a figure consisting in the using different situations or inflections of the same term, or of words of the identical immediate derivation, in identical context.
- (Unless the loss of Death had brought demise to death by [his] death, the entranceway of eternal life would-have-been closed.)
- repetition of a word in a different sort of situation or inflection in identical sentence
- Definition for "polyptoton"
- A stylistic plan in which terms from same…
- View More
- Sentence for "polyptoton"
- Hypernym for "polyptoton"
- Cross Reference for "polyptoton"