- regarding or described as development from more than one ancestral type.
- Having several ancestral resources; discussing a taxon that will not retain the latest common ancestor of their members.
- with respect to, or described as, descent from more than one root type, or from many different root kinds; polygenetic; -- opposed to monophyletic.
- Pertaining to or based on a few phyla; having many different outlines of lineage: as, a polyphyletic source.
- Of or with respect to the doctrine or principle that pets aren't monophyletic, but they are severally and particularly created, or at the least based on many different resources.
Sentence for "polyphyletic"
- It is called polyphyletic evolution, which…
Synonym for "polyphyletic"
Etymologically Related for "polyphyletic"