- A written personality or mixture of figures having several phonetic values, like the page a or i in English.
- A letter, or combination of letters, which can be pronounced in 2 or even more other ways
- A character or vocal sign representing multiple noise, as read, which can be pronounced rēd or rĕd.
- A written sign effective at being read in more than a good way, or standing for 2 or higher phonetic indications.
- a letter with several pronunciations
Sentence for "polyphone"
Hypernym for "polyphone"
Cross Reference for "polyphone"