- Having, or assuming, a number of types, characters, or styles; as, a polymorphous author.
- Having, or occurring in, a number of distinct kinds; -- in opposition to monomorphic.
- Crystallizing in 2 or even more variations; polymorphic
- Having, or assuming, multiple forms, characters, or styles.
- Having, or happening in, several distinct kinds; -- against monomorphic.
- concerning the crystallization of a compound in 2 or higher different forms
- having or happening in several distinct forms
- relating to the incident of greater than one type of individual (independent of intimate variations) in an interbreeding population
- Having or exhibiting numerous forms; described as polymorphism; perhaps not isomorphous or monomorphous.
- particularly, in zoology: Undergoing a series of marked modifications during development, as most bugs.
- differing much in features, kind, or framework in identical species or team.
- In botany, same as repayments
- In songs, noting a contrapuntal structure, as a canon or a fugue, where motifs tend to be or could be addressed in several ways, as by augmentation, diminution, inversion, etc. Also polymorphic.
- Definition for "polymorphous"
- Having, or assuming, a number of types, characters,…
- View More
- Sentence for "polymorphous"
- Equivalent for "polymorphous"
- Same Context for "polymorphous"