- any one of a team of nonallelic genes, each having a little quantitative effect, that collectively produce many phenotypic difference. Also called multiple element, quantitative gene.
- A group of nonallelic genetics that behave collectively to create phenotype variants
- a gene that on it's own has actually little impact on the phenotype but that could act with other individuals to produce observable variants
- Noting those volcanic cones which are the result of successive eruptions: compared with monogene. The Word had been recommended by A. Stübel.
Definition for "polygene"
- any one of a team of nonallelic genes,…
Hypernym for "polygene"