- The thin pipe created because of the pollen whole grain that penetrates an ovule and releases the male gametes.
- the tube that develops through the wall of a pollen grain and, in seed plants, provides a passage through which a man nuclei get to the embryo sac to effect fertilization
- a slender pipe which issues through the pollen grain on its contact with the stigma, which it penetrates, therefore conveying, its expected, the fecundating matter of the whole grain toward ovule.
- In botany, the tube by which the fecundating factor is conveyed into the ovule.
- (botany) a slender tubular outgrowth from a pollen whole grain when deposited in the stigma for a flower; it penetrates the style and conveys the male gametes to your ovule
- Definition for "pollen tube"
- The thin pipe created because of the pollen…
- View More
- Hypernym for "pollen tube"