- A thick mush made of cornmeal boiled in water or stock.
- any of various types and consistencies of a starchy accompaniment to dinner made of coarse maize-meal porridge, often fried or grilled
- Pudding made from Indian meal; in addition, porridge made of chestnut meal.
- In Italy: A porridge made of Indian meal (maize-meal), the main food for the poorer individuals throughout huge sections of the united states.
- A porridge made from chestnut-meal, much found in autumn.
- In France, a porridge made from barley-meal, not common except in the south.
- a thick mush made of cornmeal boiled in stock or liquid
Sentence for "polenta"
- The American Heritage Dictionary, 3rd edition…
Hypernym for "polenta"
Same Context for "polenta"
Urban Dictionary for "polenta"