- A bitter-tasting resin acquired through the dried base of the May apple and used in medicine as a cathartic and caustic.
- A resinous dust gotten by precipitating an alcoholic tincture associated with the rhizome of Podophyllum in the form of liquid acidified with hydrochloric acid.
- A brown bitter gum obtained from the rootstalk regarding the May apple (Podophyllum peltatum). Its a complex blend of a few substances.
- A resin gotten through the rootstalk of Podophyllum peltatum. Its used in medicine as a purgative, and seems to have the effectiveness of stimulating the secretion of bile.
Definition for "podophyllin"
- A bitter-tasting resin acquired through the dried base…
Sentence for "podophyllin"