- A stalklike outgrowth associated with the thallus of particular lichens, bearing the apothecium.
- A stalklike development or process.
- A stalk which bears the fructification in some lichens, like the reindeer moss.
- A stalk which bears the fructification in some lichens, as in the alleged reindeer moss.
- In botany, in certain lichens, the shrubby or stalk-like outgrowth of the thallus, bearing subjected hymenia; in addition, any stalk-like level. See cuts under Cladonia.
- an organ or body resembling a stalk; especially the outgrowth of this thallus of certain lichens by which the ascocarp is borne
Variant for "podetium"
- View More