- A gas-filled sac serving as a float in some colonial marine hydrozoans, like the Portuguese man-of-war.
- Botany A specialized respiratory root construction in a few aquatic flowers, like the bald cypress.
- A gas-filled sac or float of some colonial marine coelenterates, such as the Portuguese man-of-war.
- An aerial root, in mangroves etc., skilled for gaseous trade.
- one of many Pneumonophora.
- A pneumatocyst, or a structure which aids these types of a float; specially, the proximal dilatation associated with the cœnosarc or hydrosome regarding the Physophoridæ See slices under Athorybia and Hydroszoa.
- An apparatus for supplying someone with air whenever in somewhere filled with bad or unwholesome environment.
- In phytogeography, a lateral root, submerged or higher usually confronted with air, at the very least periodically, therefore differentiated regarding provide the objective of respiration; a respiratory root.
- an air-filled root (submerged or exposed) that may work as a respiratory organ of a marsh or swamp plant
Hypernym for "pneumatophore"
- View More