- Of, with respect to, resembling or containing lead.
- especially, of compounds for which this has a lesser valence as contrasted with plumbic substances.
- Of, pertaining to, or containing, lead; -- used particularly to designate those compounds which it has a lowered valence as contrasted with plumbic substances.
- concerning or comprising lead
- In chem., containing lead as a constituent; more especially, containing lead with obviously dyad valence: as, plumbous chlorid. PbCl2, as distinguished from plumbic chlorid, PbCl4.
Sentence for "plumbous"
Cross Reference for "plumbous"
Form for "plumbous"