- The unisonous vocal songs that has been found in the Christian church from the very first centuries.
- A cantus firmus or motif plumped for for contrapuntal treatment; so called due to the fact often an actual fragment of plain-song.
- The simple records of an air, without ornament or difference; therefore, an ordinary, unexaggerated statement.
- The unisonous singing songs which was used in the Christian church from its first hundreds of years.
- A cantus firmus or motif selected for contrapuntal treatment: so named due to the fact frequently an actual fragment of plain-song.
- the straightforward notes of an air, without ornament or variation; for this reason, a plain, unexaggerated statement.
Sentence for "plain-song"
- Pray thee, corporal, stay: the knocks…
Synonym for "plain-song"