- a big edible marine flatfish (Pleuronectes platessa) of european oceans.
- any one of numerous flatfishes, particularly Hippoglossoides platessoides of us Atlantic oceans, related to the plaice.
- The large marine flatfish, Pleuronectes platessa, frequently based in the North-Sea and Irish water, with smooth brown skin and purple or orange places.
- The flatfish, Hippoglossoides platessoides, associated with united states Atlantic; American plaice.
- A European meals seafood (Pleuronectes platessa), allied to your flounder, and growing toward body weight of eight or ten weight or more.
- a sizable United states flounder (Paralichthys dentatus; labeled as in addition brail, puckermouth, and summertime flounder. The name might be applied to other allied types.
- A fish of the family Pleuronectidæ and genus Pleuronectes, P. platessa.
- Thus, by extension, anybody of numerous flatfishes or flounders of this family members Pleuronectidæ.
- big European meals seafood
- flesh of large European flatfish
Sentence for "plaice"
Hypernym for "plaice"
Same Context for "plaice"
Variant for "plaice"