- Platelike, while the difficult toothlike scales of sharks, skates, and rays.
- platelike; having irregular, platelike, bony scales, frequently bearing spines; with respect to the placoids.
- Platelike; having unusual, platelike, bony scales, frequently bearing spines; regarding the placoids.
- once the hard flattened machines of e.g. sharks
- Any seafood having placoid scales, including the sharks.
- Any fish having placoid machines, as sharks.
- the Placoides.
- Plate-like: noting the dermal assets of sharks, which substitute for true machines and are the ossified papillæ of cutis.
- Having placoid machines, as a fish; from the Placoidei. See cut-under scale
Sentence for "placoid"
Synonym for "placoid"
Cross Reference for "placoid"
Equivalent for "placoid"