- some of various extinct fishes associated with Silurian and Devonian times, characterized by bony dishes of armor since the mind and flanks, hinged jaws, and paired fins.
- A member of an extinct set of seafood with armored minds; the group lived throughout the Silurian and Devonian durations.
- among Placodermi.
- A ganoid fish of this group Placodermi.
- fish-like vertebrate with bony dishes on head and torso; prominent in seas and streams during the Devonian; considered the initial vertebrate with jaws
- Having the skin covered with wide flat plates, as a fish; from the Placodermi.
Sentence for "placoderm"
- Scientists from Australia and Britain studying…
Hypernym for "placoderm"
Cross Reference for "placoderm"