- alternate spelling of pixie.
- a classic English name for a fairy; an elf.
- A low creeping evergreen plant (Pyxidanthera barbulata), with mosslike leaves and small white flowers, present in nj-new jersey and southward, where it flowers in first springtime.
- A fairy: so named in outlying elements of The united kingdomt, and from the “fairy bands” of old pastures, by which these are generally suppoed to dancing by moonlight.
- creeping evergreen shrub having thin overlapping leaves and early white star-shaped blossoms; regarding the pine barrens of New Jersey additionally the Carolinas
- (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous
Sentence for "pixy"
Hypernym for "pixy"
Cross Reference for "pixy"
Equivalent for "pixy"
Same Context for "pixy"