Definition for "pitiful"
Sentence for "pitiful"
Quotes for "pitiful"
- "The most pitiful among men is…"
Synonym for "pitiful"
Phrases for "pitiful"
Equivalent for "pitiful"
Etymologically Related for "pitiful"
Same Context for "pitiful"
- Inspiring or deserving pity.
- Arousing contemptuous pity, as through ineptitude or inadequacy. See Synonyms at pathetic.
- Archaic Filled with pity or compassion.
- experiencing shame; merciful.
- So appalling or unfortunate this 1 feels or should feel sorry because of it; eliciting pity.
- really small (of a sum or number).
- Full of shame; tender-hearted; caring; sort; merciful; sympathetic.
- Piteous; lamentable; eliciting compassion.
- to-be pitied for littleness or meanness; miserable; paltry; contemptible; despicable.
- bad; unfortunate
- deserving or inciting pity
- inspiring mixed contempt and pity
- Full of shame; tender; compassionate; having a feeling of sorrow and sympathy when it comes to distressed.
- Exciting or suited to excite pity or compassion; miserable; deplorable; sad: as, a pitiful condition; a pitiful appearance.
- becoming pitied for its littleness or meanness; paltry; insignificant; contemptible; despicable.