Definition for "piteous"
- Demanding or arousing pity: a piteous appeal for…
Sentence for "piteous"
Synonym for "piteous"
Equivalent for "piteous"
Same Context for "piteous"
- Demanding or arousing pity: a piteous appeal for help. See Synonyms at pathetic.
- Archaic Pitying; compassionate.
- pitiful; evincing pity, compassion, or sympathy.
- pious; devout
- compassionate; tender
- paltry; mean; pitiful
- Pious; devout.
- Evincing pity, compassion, or sympathy; compassionate; tender.
- suited to stimulate shame or sympathy; wretched; unhappy; lamentable; unfortunate.
- Paltry; mean; pitiful.
- deserving or inciting shame
- high in shame or compassion; compassionate; suffering from shame.
- like to stimulate shame or proceed to compassion; influencing; lamentable; sorrowful; mournful; unfortunate: since, a piteous look; a piteous instance.
- Pitiful; paltry; bad: as, piteous amends. Milton.