- a powerful battle fought in close contact by troops organized in a predetermined formation.
- A fiercely waged fight or battle between opposing forces.
- A hostile involvement involving sustained, full-scale battling between opposing causes in close combat.
- An intense, rancorous debate or confrontation.
- one in which the armies tend to be formerly drafted in type, with a typical personality associated with forces.
- a fierce fight fought in close fight between soldiers in predetermined opportunities at a chosen time and location
- a general struggle; a battle in which the aggressive forces have fixed positions; -- in difference from a skirmish.
Synonym for "pitched battle"
Antonym for "pitched battle"
Hyponym for "pitched battle"
Hypernym for "pitched battle"