- A white powder, C8H6O3, having a floral smell, utilized as flavoring and in perfume.
- A white crystalline dust with a floral odour, found in perfume
- The methylene ether of 3,4 dihydroxy benzaldehyde; having a melting point of 37°C and boiling-point of 263°C
- A white crystalline compound acquired by oxidation of piperic acid, and considered a complex aldehyde.
- A white crystalline material, C8H6O3, the methylene ether of protocatechuic aldehyde. It's made by oxidizing piperic acid with potassium permanganate, and in alternative methods. Understood in perfumery as heliotropin, due to its smell.
Sentence for "piperonal"
- And the vanilla in the mayonnaise…
- View More