Definition for "pintado"
Sentence for "pintado"
Hypernym for "pintado"
Cross Reference for "pintado"
Same Context for "pintado"
Variant for "pintado"
- Any bird regarding the genus Numida. A few types are found in Africa. The normal pintado, or Guinea fowl, the helmeted, and the crested pintados, are the best-known. See Guinea fowl, under guinea.
- A fish (Scomberomorus regalis) comparable to, but larger than, the Spanish mackerel, and having elongated spots, typical about Florida while the West Indies.
- The pintado petrel.
- the normal guinea-fowl, Numida meleagris. See cut-under Numida.
- The western Indian mackerel, Scomberomorus regalis.
- Chintz: the name given to all printed products in East Indies, especially those for the finer quality, some of which seem to have been partly coated by hand.
- big delicious mackerel of temperate US coastal Atlantic seas
- Painted —that is, spotted or pied.