- A small balloon used to figure out wind velocity.
- a little unmanned balloon whose ascent is accompanied by a theodolite to obtain data when it comes to calculation of speed and course of winds within the top air.
- a small balloon delivered up before a big one, to demonstrate the path and force associated with the wind.
- a little balloon sent up in advance of a larger anyone to determine the way and energy of wind.
- a little balloon useful for ascertaining the course of air-currents at various levels: most often used before ascents of manned balloons.
- meteorological balloon familiar with observe air currents
- A small, unmanned balloon delivered as much as suggest the way of atmosphere currents.
Synonym for "pilot balloon"
Hypernym for "pilot balloon"