- Botany The umbrellalike fruiting construction creating the top a stalked fleshy fungus, such a mushroom; the cap.
- A brimless round skullcap donned by ancient Romans.
- See caul.
- the limit of a mushroom.
- the bell of a jellyfish
- a tiny slim cloud attached to a cumulus cloud. A cap cloud
- a conical considered hat used in ancient Rome and Greece
- The top of the top of a bird, from the bill into the nape.
- some sort of skull-cap of felt.
- The broadened top portion of a number of the fungi. See Mushroom.
- The top of the top of a bird, through the bill towards the nape.
- one of the old Romans, a conical cap or cap of believed; a cap or skullcap.
- In botany, the expanded cap-like or umbrella-like summit of this stipe, bearing the hymenium, in hymenomycetous fungi: just like limit, repayments See slices under Agaricus and Fungi.
- In ornithology, just like pileum.
- [capitalized] [NL.] A genus of echinoderms.
- A nipple-shield.
- The disk or umbrella of a jellyfish.
- a fruiting framework resembling an umbrella or a cone that types the top a stalked fleshy fungus like a mushroom
Sentence for "pileus"
- At some point, right through here,…
Phrases for "pileus"
Hypernym for "pileus"
Variant for "pileus"