- Crude metal cast in blocks.
- A type of crude iron shaped like a block, widely used as a commercial natural material.
- the shape in which cast-iron is made at the blast-furnace, being run into molds, labeled as pigs.
- cast iron in pigs, or oblong obstructs or bars, since it originates from the smelting furnace. See Pig, 4.
- Iron in pigs, because it originates from the blast-furnace. See pig, 3.
- A-flat little bit of metal, which can be hung so as to be interposed between your fire and animal meat roasting, when it is desirable to retard the cooking.
- crude metal tapped from a great time furnace
Hyponym for "pig iron"
Hypernym for "pig iron"
Cross Reference for "pig iron"
Same Context for "pig iron"