- A marine bivalve mollusk of the household Pholadidae, having a lengthy layer with which it bores into timber, rock, and clay, usually causing destruction of wharf pilings.
- Any of the bivalve molluscs associated with the genus Pholas or family members Pholadidae, which burrow into smooth stones.
- Any species of Pholas; a pholad. See pholas.
- A mollusk of the genus Pholas or family Pholadidæ; especially, a name of those species which are found in British waters, used rarely for food but much for bait, as P. dactylus; a pholad.
- marine bivalve that bores into rock or clay or wood through saw-like shells
Synonym for "piddock"
Hypernym for "piddock"
Variant for "piddock"