- Baseball A play by which a runner is caught off base and it is put out by a quick place, because from the pitcher or catcher.
- Sports An interception, as in baseball.
- A play where a pitcher throws a live ball to a fielder so your fielder can label on a baserunner who may have relocated from the base
- a play in which a base runner is selected down. See pick-off.
- a baseball play by which a base runner is caught off base and tagged out
- to put out a baserunner that is off base by tagging him/her, especially by a fast throw from the pitcher or catcher.
- to capture in order to destroy or disable, particularly 1 by 1 from a posture or in a predicament where the target is unable to get back fire at shooter; -- utilized commonly of sniper fire.
- to intercept (a pass).
- shoot one-by-one
- pull or take out dramatically
Sentence for "pickoff"
Phrases for "pickoff"
Hypernym for "pickoff"
Same Context for "pickoff"