- any one of a few little pests associated with the genus Phylloxera being about aphids, particularly P. vitifoliae, a widely dispensed types very destructive to grape crops.
- An aphid, of this genus Phylloxera, this is certainly very destructive to grape vines
- The diseased problem of a vine brought on by this aphid.
- A small hemipterous pest (Phylloxera vastatrix) allied into the aphids. It strikes the origins and leaves associated with the grapevine, doing great harm, particularly in European countries.
- The diseased condition of a vine due to the pest just described.
- A genus of plant-lice or homopterous bugs for the household Aphididæ and. subfamily Chermesinæ, often of gall-making habits.
- [lowercase] an associate of this genus, especially the types just named, referred to as grape-vine phylloxera and vine-pest, the worst adversary of the European or vinifera grape.
- A genus of lepidopterous pests
- kind genus associated with Phylloxeridae: plant lice
Sentence for "phylloxera"
Hypernym for "phylloxera"
Same Context for "phylloxera"
Variant for "phylloxera"